Changes (as compared to beta 1 ) include:
* Improved, ‘polished’ and fixed issues with the new features introduced in beta 1 (Foreign Key lookup and Data Search).
* A foreground color for text display contrasting a defined background color is now automatically provided by SQLyog in Object Browser and Connection tab.
* The visual effects of tabs have been improved with continued scrolling support. There is a + icon next to the last tab which provides options to add new tabs.
* In ‘Import External Data’ there now is an option to TRUNCATE target tables. Before only DROP+CREATE was possible.
* Added an option to automatically add ‘child’ tables to selected tables in Query builder. Before it was only possible to add ‘parent’ tables.
* When repeatedly stepping forward and backwards in SJA wizards most recent data entered by user could be lost and replaced with previous values.
* Deleting multiple rows of a table without a Primary Key could crash SQLyog. This bug was introduced in 8.8.
* Fixed a crash occurring when connecting on some Windows 7 systems with Service Pack 1 installed.
* While formatting multiple queries the SQL formatter does now not add a new line if an empty line already exists between two queries. Formatting multiple times would insert new empty lines between queries for each cycle.
* A few more Query Formatter ‘refinements’.
* When closing a Query tab or a Query Builder tab user was prompted to save even if he had ‘blanked’ the content of the tab. Now it does not unless the tab was populated from a file. SQLyog will still prompt user to save in this case.
* A small GUI fix with the ENUM/SET dialog.